Premier Chiropractic of Tacoma would like to remain in consistent communication with our patients and community as we respond to the ever-changing environment regarding the COVID-19 virus. While we continue to closely monitor recommendations and protocols established by trusted health organizations in regard to COVID-19, as an essential healthcare service, our office will remain open to treat our patients during this challenging time.
The safety of our patients, staff and providers remains our highest priority. As a precaution, we would like to include several updates and guidelines for patients and office workers who visit our office:
- We have implemented increased sterilization routines. Each treatment room and table is sterilized between each patient. Our office is deep cleaned and sterilized nightly.
- Hand washing is required when you enter our office for treatment. Our staff and doctor are trained on the required measures of hygiene as recommended by the CDC and WA State Dept. of Health.
- Please attend your appointment alone. We are required to provide a safe social distance between patients and our staff in our waiting area.
- If you or someone in your household is ill with fever, cough, or other respiratory illness we ask that you stay home for no less than 14 days from the onset of symptoms. We will resume your treatment after the two week period.
- If you or someone in your household has traveled abroad in the last 14 days, we ask that you stay home and continue your treatment once the 14 days is past.
Know that the small steps we take will make a big difference:
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands frequently
- Eat healthy foods
- Get adequate sleep
- Take your vitamins
- Stay hydrated
- Remain calm.
- And of course, get adjusted!
Please use the resources and links below for accurate facts from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the WA State Dept. of Health as well as Pierce County Public Health
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Steps to Prevent Illness
- What To Do If You Are Sick
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
A press release from The International Chiropractic Association on March 16, 2020 states:
“The world is under extraordinary levels of stress. Chiropractic services represent [sic] an essential and necessary component of the health care program of millions of patients in the U.S. and worldwide. Timely and consistent access to chiropractic care is essential to the maintenance of the health and wellbeing of this patient population, particularly during times of stress.”
ICA President, Stephen P. Welsh, DC, FICA stated, “While Coronavirus-19 has everyone’s attention, it cannot be forgotten that health promotion and non-opioid pain management through chiropractic adjustments of the subluxation is essential and should not be curtailed or restricted because of this pandemic. With churches, schools, restaurants, museums being closed, the ICA reminds authorities that the offices of doctors of chiropractic should be treated no differently than the offices of medical doctors – as an essential health care service.”
We thank you for your continued trust in our care. We will move through these uncertain times together. —Dr. Turrubiate